Saturday, June 20, 2009

Letting Go......

Letting Go…

Prologue
The knife went right through me! I could see myself blacking out. I looked around for help. “Anyone!” a whisper came out. BAAM!! My head landed on the ground. Breathe! I need to BREATHE!
“Ow! That gotta hurt!” Emone said, in his sonorous, British accent. “Only if you had listened to me! You could’ve been with me; you could’ve been my queen. But no, you had to choose that bastard! What the hell did you see in him that you didn’t see in me?”
“Shut up, please, just…just shut up!” my voice squeaked out. It was getting difficult for me to breathe. I could feel my body getting numb. I knew I didn’t have much time but if only…only once I could see him!
“You know you could still live…” he said as he kneeled and put his hand on my forehead. I moved my head out of his reach. “In fact, you won’t ever have to die! You just gotta let me take a bite. It won’t hurt a bit!”
“NEVER! I only belong to one, and that is not you! It can never be you, Emone! NEVER! I know he’ll come; he’ll come and definitely save me….” I just hope he makes it on time! But instead of saying anything, Emone just smiled, lowered down, and put his mouth on my neck. Get away from me, I screamed on top of my lungs, but no voice came out. I tried sliding away, but it didn’t help much. No, I can’t let him do this, I thought. FATE! Fate help! PLEASE!!! I closed my eyes as tight as possible, hoping to hear Fate’s voice.


Chapter 1
It was a new day, which meant something new to start with. Well for most of us! Mom was still upset about what had happened the night before. You see, mom and I had a long argument over the fact why I don’t have a boyfriend. Which now is irritating for the fact that Chesterville never has and never will have any my type of guys. Here’s how it started:
I had just came home from my friend, Emi’s house and was about to go to my room, when mom stopped me.
Mom: “Hold it right there!”
I turned around and faced her.
Mom: “Where do you think you’re coming from?”
Me: “Emi’s.”
Mom: “Emi’s? Doing what? And why couldn’t you call to tell me that?”
Me: “MOM!”
Mom: “You know I never knew what you saw in her. You’re always hanging out with her. It always brought me to think if you’re… you know… not straight!”
Me: “MOM! That’s so wrong! Why would you…”
Mom: “But I could always be wrong. I mean the thought that you’ve never dated a guy always makes me a little worried. I got my first boyfriend when I was 13. And look at you, you’re almost 17 and still no guy!”
Me: “Mom, please! It’s not my fault that guys don’t like the way I dress! And I’m not willing to change myself for them. In fact, I like the way I look. And if a guy is ready to accept me the way I am, then that’s the one for me! But mom, I can’t be you either. In fact, I’m never gona be you. In fact… I’m not every guy’s first choice, instead I’m their last. Which is fine, cause I can wait! So stop worrying!”
Mom: “Well I don’t care; either you find yourself a guy, or I will! And also get one more thing, you better get some other place to go to, too, rather than Emi’s house!”
Me: “But mom, she already has a boyfriend!”
Mom: “I don’t care!”
Me: “Then I don’t either!”
And then I just ran to my room and loudly shut the door.
So you see, that’s what she thinks about me. I know, I’m kind of surprised that she actually does too! I mean me, her own daughter…a bi? I mean it’s not like I don’t want a boyfriend, I mean I do, but I don’t seem to like any of the boys here, at Chesterville; they’re just too ugly!
Diing!! “Coming!” I raced to the door with my books in one hand, and my lunch in the other. You see I’m not a big fan of school lunch, so most of the time I just bought lunch from McDonald’s near my house while walking to school, or made it at home.
“Ready?” Emi asked.
“Ready!” I replied, nodding my head.
Emi was one of my best friends. She had a great sense of humor. Her little, grayish, vampire-looking eyes always made me want to hug her! Her brownish hair shining in the sun with her fiery skin color. She held her black and white Hello Kitty purse as we would walk to school together everyday. Her jokes always made me forget about everything. Sometimes, even time!
“So what you bring for lunch today?” Emi asked, as we walked.
“Nothing good, really; just a peanut butter banana sandwich with lemon iced tea. What about you?” I said.
“I’m buying today.”
“Oh.”
“So, what do you think about my outfit?”
I looked at her from head to toe, examining her carefully. She was wearing a sky blue blouse with an arm length, black skirt. “Like a joker!” I said laughing.
“Really?” she asked.
“No…. you look pretty! Why are you so dressed anyways?”
“Well…… you remember the time when I was telling you about this interview that I wanted to go to, so I can show my pictures to the world…..” she took a long breath and spoke more, “…..well they interviewed me after school yesterday and called me this morning and told me they would like me to come to Europe during the summer! They’re going to take a picture of me in school today morning and broadcast it on the news! Can you believe it?”
“NOOOO WAAY!! I can’t!”

2 comments:

Monisha said...

no offense but it needed to be longer but u knw im kinda slow at things i still did like it
wish it had more to it i

jack said...

like i said, u can write! but u shoulda wrote more! made a little action!