Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dark Night

It was a dark night. My parents had just gotten finished up with fighting. I had a big test tomorrow morning and I needed to get some sleep. After the fight I had heard the door open and shut loudly. I heard footsteps and then a car start, move, and drive away. Maybe dad went to chill out a bit. I started to hear whimpers and loud sobs. They started to get louder and louder. I shut my eyes tightly, until they disappeared. I was not going to be involved in this anymore. I wonder what they could be fighting over tonight. But who really does care? I mean if I do go and try to stop it, it’s just going to get bigger. They never listen, they only argue!
I woke up in the middle of the night. I heard a door open and close. Maybe it’s dad. The floor squeak as tiptoes came towards my room. I thought dad was going to check up on me. But the tiptoes just passed my room and went to the far end of the hall. That’s where his room is. That’s it, he just goes to bed? Nothing! I GUESS THEIR FIGHTS WILL NEVER END.
MY HEAD WAS HURTING WHEN I WOKE UP IN THE MORNING. I GOT OUT OF BED AND WENT TO THE BATHROOM. I LOOKED AT MY FACE IN THE MIRROR AND WASHED it. THE HOUSE WAS REALLY QUITE. BESIDES THE BIRDS OUTSIDE MY WINDOW I COULDN’T HEAR ANYTHING AT ALL! MAYBE IT’S JUST MY EARS, I THOUGHT. I OPENED MY BEDROOM DOOR AND PEERED IN THE HALLWAY. NO ONE! I GOT OUT OF MY ROOM AND STARTED GOING TOWARDS THE LIVING ROOM. WHEN I SAW NO ONE THERE I WENT TO THE KITCHEN. EMPTY! THE ENTIRE HOUSE WAS EMPTY! I GUESS THEY LEFT BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO TELL THE WHOLE WORLD ABOUT THEIR FIGHTS. OH WELL, AT LEAST I GOT THE HOUSE ALL TO MY HOUSE! I COULD DO ANYTHING I WANT TO. GREAT!
Now first thing’s first, let’s turn this into a party house. I pushed the sofas against the walls or windows, and then gathered some cds. I turned down the lights, put some snacks in a bowl, and ordered some pizza. Next I called up a few kids to call up their friends and tell them all to come over my house at 4pm. I think that sounds good. It’s almost 3pm and still no sign of my parents so most likely having a party at 4pm doesn’t sound half bad! The house started filling up around 4:15 though. The music got louder and louder and the snacks got lesser and lesser. It was around 6:20 when I saw him. With His dreamy smile and soft, dark brown hair he came towards me. His name was eddy. He was really popular around school. Heck! He was an inspiration to all the kids!
“Hi! You know where the snacks are?” he asked.
What! That’s what he wanted to ask? Where the snacks are? That’s a piss off!
“I guess you don’t know either!” he said and walked away.
It was around 8:06 when I heard the front door open. “What’s going on here?” I heard someone shout. He had a heavy voice. It sounded just like my dad. I quickly walked towards the front door. I saw all the party guests slowly walk out. When the room cleared up I saw my dad, standing steady as possible. I almost forgot about my parents! His face was blood red. He was angry, I knew it. My mom was standing behind him, looking down at the floor. She didn’t say anything at all, just looked down.


No comments: